Hello fellow card makers! Bonnie here from BONNIECAROLLEE MAKES CARDS. Have you checked out the new series of dies for creating shaker cards? Making shaker cards couldn’t be any easier! CONNECTED CIRCLES SHAKER DIES come in a number of different sizes … perfect for any card size format. For today’s card, I used the 2” set along with the adorable ANIMAL CRACKERS YOU DESERVE TO BE SPOILED.
- CONNECTED CIRCLES SHAKER DIES come with two dies. Bristol Smooth Card Stock measuring 4.25” by 5.5” was cut with the stitched circle die. To position the die, the critter stamps from ANIMAL CRACKERS YOU DESERVE TO BE SPOILED were laid out temporarily around the circle die .... making sure all these cuties will fit on the panel!
- Using a Misti Stamping Platform, the critters were stamped around the circle die cut with the COPIC friendly, PFS' Black Hybrid Ink.
- The critters were also stamped on masking paper, cut out and the animals masked.
- The panel was ink blended using Life Changing Blender Brushes and Distress Oxide Inks Fossilized Amber, Carved Pumpkin and Barn Door.
- After the ink was dry, the masks were removed and the critters were Copic coloured.
- The sentiment was stamped on heat resistant acetate with Versamark ink and embossed in white. The acetate was adhered to the back of the circle die cut opening.
- The second die in the CONNECTED CIRCLES SHAKER DIES was used to cut heavy white card stock four times. The rings were stacked and centred on the back, over the die cut circle, and adhered. Foam tape was used around the perimeter of the panel with some pieces placed in the open areas.
- The foam insert was removed from the Misti and the panel placed face down, butted against one corner.
- Honey Bears Sequin Mix Plus were placed inside the shaker window.
- The backing paper from the foam tape was removed and liquid adhesive added to the stacked ring. A white card stock panel measuring the same size as the ink blended one, 4.25” by 5.5”, was first fitted into the same corner of the Misti Stamping Platform as the card front and then lowered for a perfect fit.
- The independent shaker panel was adhered to a top folding, A2 sized card base.
- A few dot details were added to some of the animals and a heart on the bottom of the bear’s paw using a white gel pen.
Thank you so much for your visit! I hope you try the CONNECTED CIRCLES SHAKER DIES out! They are so easy to use! Visit me at BONNIECAROLLEE MAKES CARDS for more ideas using Picket Fence Studios products.