It's been an incredibly busy time for me this past month as I've been to Creativation and CREATE!. In between shows I stayed with my sister in California, which was a blessing as I'd not seen some of my family for a few years.
If you don't know, Creativation is the largest trade show for arts and crafts in the United Stated, and it's absolutely brilliant! We had the pleasure of meeting a ton of retailers, craft companies, crafters, and even some of our crafty friends!
Before we headed to set-up, we managed to get a snap of the three of us as soon as we arrived at Creativation. That's Sara on the left, Nicole in the middle, and I'm on the right.
When we first arrived, we had to set up our entire booth, and let me tell you, it took an age!
Our booth at Creativation was mega busy and the make and take table was a huge success - we made hundreds of cards over three days. We were lucky enough to have two amazing crafters to help us - Tina Marie, and Kelly Taylor! They were both the epitome of professionalism, and I couldn't have made the table a success without their help.
One of the cards we made was the one I designed. The original card changed from critters to tweet tweet birds, due to them being a brand new product. I did add one of the little critters to this card, but the make and take card did not have him on it.
We wanted to highlight our brand new Paper Pouncers with quick and easy techniques, and to give retails and customers a chance to get them in their hands and to see for themselves how they felt, and worked.
Slimline Tree Branch Die
Tweet Tweet Birds Stamp Set
Tweet Tweet Birds Coordinating Dies
Slimline Rays of Sun Horizontal Stencil
Slimline You Deserve to be Spoiled Word Die
You Deserve to be Spoiled Stamp Set
You Deserve to be Spoiled Coordinating Dies
Sequin Mix - All About The Yellows
Embellishments - Flower Beds
Embellishments - Birthday Hearts
You Deserve to be Spoiled Slimline Card
- Use the Slimline Rays of Sun Horizontal Stencil with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink onto a slimline piece of cardstock 3.5"x8.5".
- Die cut the Slimline Tree Branch Die and then ink up using Walnut Stain, and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Inks.
- Die cut the Slimline You Deserve to be Spoiled Word Die and then use Twisted Citron, Mowed Grass, and Rustic Wilderness to create an ombre effect.
- Stamp and die cut you deserve to be spoiled, but trim off the spoiled. Also stamp out the honey bear, color and die cut from the You Deserve to be Spoiled Stamp Set, and You Deserve to be Spoiled Coordinating Dies.
- Stamp, color and die cut the Tweet Tweet Birds Stamp Set and Tweet Tweet Birds Coordinating Dies.
- Adhere all your elements onto the rays of sun panel, trimming off part of the tree.
- Add the Sequin Mix - All About The Yellows, Embellishments - Flower Beds, and Embellishments - Birthday Hearts to your card for a little something extra!
- Add the finished card front onto a slimline card base.