Hello card making friends! Bonnie here from BONNIECAROLLEE MAKES CARDS. Today’s card features a gorgeous two piece die set, English Roses. Included in this set are shadow and detail dies. English Roses is beautifully and intricately designed and easily coloured with some simple masking.
- The shadow die from English Roses was cut from black card stock.
- The detail die was cut twice from Bristol Smooth card stock. Typically when I die cut, I will run the die through the die cutter forwards and backwards; two passes. For one of the English Roses Detail die cuts, I did just one pass to keep the die cuts in place. The leaf details and flower centres were removed. Scotch tape was placed on the back to keep the flower petals intact with the rose skeleton.
- Using a Life Changing Blender Brush, each rose on the die cut with the petals was coloured with a different shade of pink.
- The second detail die cut, just the skeleton, was coloured using Fine Life Changing Blender Brushes. Each area coloured was masked off using Post It Note Tape. The leaves were inked with a fresh green and the frame of the roses with a deep rose. The die cut was lined up and adhered to the first die cut.
- The stacked die cuts were adhered to the black shadow die cut.
- A small piece of card stock was inked with pink and the dark rose to create a gradient. After it was clear embossed, it was cut with the ‘hugs’ die from Slimline Full Front Shaker. Black card stock was also die cut three times and the sentiment stacked.
- The die cut image and sentiment were adhered to a top folding, A2 sized black card base.
- The card was embellished with All About The Pinks Sequin Mix.
Thank you for stopping by! Your visit is always appreciated. For more card making ideas using Picket Fence Studio’s products, visit me at BONNIECAROLLEE MAKES CARDS.