Hi friends and welcome to another Christmas Countdown post from me, Jen Kray!
With just 16 days left until Christmas Day, I'm starting to feel a little frazzled!
Cardmakers are creative and many of us use it as a tool to combat the stresses of everyday life. However, that is not always an option, especially the lead up to any big holiday event - like Christmas! When time is limited and I can't unwind with stamps, dies or coloring, I will reach for some skincare lovin'. I refreshing mask or a quick hand massage is really relaxing and doesn't take a ton of time. I'm super pale so it's important I look after my skin, otherwise I'd resemble a raisin by the time I'm 50! lol
When I do have a little more time, I LOVE making Christmas cards, especially using anything Poinsettia related! This year, PFS has an amazing slimline poinsettia stamp and coordinating die set, a MUST have for a flower lovers.
Card 1 - Holly Jolly Shaker Card
- Use some generic A2 nesting dies to create a frame (x2) with white card.
- Die cut the A2 lines of interest and then swipe green ink over it. Once dry, sprinkle with water for a fun, textured look.
- Stamp out, color, and then die cut the poinsettias.
- Stamp and die cut the holly jolly sentiment in red ink.
- Adhere the lines of interest die cut to the top of one of the frames.
- Next, adhere the other frame over top and add acetate to the back with double sided tape. Add shaker foam at the back and set aside.
- Take an A2 card panel and use the christmas tree lot stencil with arctic white paper glaze. Allow to dry.
- Add traditional Christmas candy mix onto your stencilled panel, and then adhere your card front with the shaker tape over top.
- Trim a piece of vellum the same height as the sentiment, and assemble all the card pieces.
Isn't it a beautiful card? By adding a little interest with shaker elements and stencilled texture, it really lights up the design of your card.
Card 2 - Bold Poinsettia
I also made a simple poinsettia card with the leftover stamps, but this time created a dark and bold background.
Do you have a favorite card? I love them both and they've already been sent to friends, whom I hope enjoy them.
Thanks for taking the time to visit me today, and don't forget to come back each day for more holiday inspiration!
Lots of crafty hugs,
Love the candy shaker bits and the gorgeous poinsettias! Great cards!